Elsevier allows access to the Scopus APIs in support of academic research for researchers affiliated with a Scopus subscribing institution.
Definition: The end product is a scholarly published work that utilizes publications in Scopus for a research effort. The researcher wants to publish a scholarly work regarding Scopus data relationships.
- Analysis of abstract cited-by counts across a specific, singular academic discipline.
- Relationship between authors' geographic locations and their academic affiliations.
- Analysis of the relationship of citing works from a limited set of publications.
We allow this use case under the following conditions:
- Research is for non-commercial, academic purposes only - no commercial, government or funding body access is permitted.
- Research is to be performed by approved representative of the applying institution - no 3rd party or consultant access is permitted.
- Research is limited in scope to a specific discipline - no mining of the entire Scopus dataset is permitted.
- Retention of original research dataset is limited to archival purposes and reproduction of the research results. Data use outside of the scope of the original research is not permitted.
- Public sharing of data for purpose of reproducibility with a specific party is permissible upon written request and explicit written approval.
- Scopus is identified as the data source. The phrase "Data provided by Scopus.com" must be included in an attribution footnote.
- If user is a bibliometrician doing work outside this use case, please contact integration support team at firstname.lastname@example.org with detailed description of your use case.
This use case does not allow :
- Display of Scopus data on a website or in any other public forum outside of the output format of the scholarly published work.
Permitted metadata (fields other than those listed are explicitly prohibited in this use case):
- Record IDs (Scopus ID and/or EID)
- PubMed ID
- The Scopus author IDs of the authors of the document (this includes the IDs for co-authors of the document not affiliated with the institute)
- Authors' names
- Author IDs (ORCID ids)
- Authors' countries of residence
- Authors' affiliations
- Author Profile
- Author Keywords
- Document title
- Document publication year
- Source (journal) title
- Source type (journal, conference proceeding, etc.)
- Volume/issue/pages/article number
- Source/Journal Metrics
- Document type (e.g. research article, review article, etc)
- Subject category (per ASJC)
- Citation count (number of times cited by other articles)
- Cited works (bibliography) titles and record IDs
- Citing works titles and record IDs