Scopus APIs can be employed to address a variety of use
cases such as:
- You can show Scopus publication on the
webpage or an institution can showcase institutional output.
- You can show Scopus cited by counts on a
website, for instance in an online cv.
- Showcase metrics on an author or journal
or use the data for analysis of institutional performance.
- Federated search allows libraries to implement
a single search box that searches across all their digital
- APIs can be used to populate CRIS systems
like Pure and Institutional Repository systems like Digital
- You can use Scopus APIs for business
intelligence applications such as benchmarking research
performance or detecting research trends through text mining.
The use of Elsevier's APIs is tied to specific use cases, each with
its own corresponding policy.
If you do not find your use case in the above list, you can request Elsevier to approve your specific use of the API:
- if you are affiliated with an institution that subscribes to Scopus, please contact your
librarian or information specialist and ask them to get in touch with us.
- Alternatively, you can visit the Scopus support page on our
Support Center and contact us from there.